KRANTZKLOOF OPENING TIMES AND CONDITIONS
As per the announcement from the MEC for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, the Krantzkloof Nature Reserve will re-open to the public from Monday 8 June subject to the conditions below.
Entry Points and times:
- Kloof Falls Entrance – 06h00 to 15h00 daily
- Nkutu entrance (Valley Drive) – 06h00 to 15h00 WEEKENDS ONLY
- Uve Road – CLOSED
- All visitors are required to pay the entrance fee and provide personal details as requested
- Each visitor’s temperature will be taken and recorded. No person with temperature higher that 38° Celcius will be allowed access into the reserve
- All visitors must wear a mask while in the Reserve
- Access to the reserve is limited to walking/running only
- NO groups will be permitted and picnic sites will remain closed
- Daily entry numbers will be limited
- Forest Trail gates at Bridle Road will remain closed
The above will remain in place UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
General Enquiry Form
GENERAL INFORMATION – Please read BEFORE posting your enquiry.
- Opening times – 06h00 to 18h00 – 365 days a year (subject to weather). Nkutu picnic site only open on weekends and public holidays
- Contact Phone Number – as staff are in the Reserve during the day, enquiries are dealt with via this website form and not by phone
- Entrance Fee – R50 per adult (12 & over) and R20 per child (under 12). This fee includes use of the picnic site facilities and walking trails.
- Visitor Guide – this handy brochure (available at Kloof Falls gate for R20) contains interesting information about the Reserve and includes a map and description of the hiking trails
- Payment method – only CASH is accepted for payment of entrance fees and visitor guide/map purchases
- Picnic sites – no booking necessary or accepted – picnic sites are available to all on a first come first served basis.
- Swimming – here is no swimming pool at the Reserve. Swimming is rivers is not recommended due to the possibility of bilharzia, which can be present in inland waters.
- Pets – NO dogs or other pets are permitted in Krantzkloof, including the picnic sites
- Walks – No BOOKING necessary for any walks/hikes. Guided walks take place on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month and are conducted by the volunteer Honorary Officers – click HERE for more info
- Conference Centre Enquiries – Krantzkloof Conference Centre is currently managed by Kloof Conserancy. Please complete the Conference Centre Enquiry form for ALL queries about this facility
- Loyalty Cards – RHINO CARD is accepted – click HERE to get yours. SANParks Wild Card is NOT accepted
- Braai facilities are provided at the picnic sites. You may also bring your own braai, but it must be taller than 50cm to prevent damage to the grass
- Accommodation – there is NO accommodation available in Krantzkloof – please click HERE for information of nearby accommodation
- Alcohol – consumption of alcohol on the premises is NOT ALLOWED
Use the Conference Centre Enquiry form for ALL queries about the Krantzkloof Conference Centre – KCC enquiries posted on this form will NOT be dealt with
These queries are dealt with by volunteers in their free time which may result in a delayed reply.
As per the notice at the top of this page, KRANTZKLOOF WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Updates will be posted on our website and Facebook page.Queries related to the re-opening of the Reserve or hiking trails will not be responded to.
Posted on 01 June 2020