KRANTZKLOOF OPENING TIMES AND CONDITIONS
As per the announcement from the MEC for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, the Krantzkloof Nature Reserve will re-open to the public from Monday 8 June subject to the conditions below.
Entry Points and times:
- Kloof Falls Entrance – 06h00 to 15h00 daily
- Nkutu entrance (Valley Drive) – 06h00 to 15h00 WEEKENDS ONLY
- Uve Road – CLOSED
- All visitors are required to pay the entrance fee and provide personal details as requested
- Each visitor’s temperature will be taken and recorded. No person with temperature higher that 38° Celcius will be allowed access into the reserve
- All visitors must wear a mask while in the Reserve
- Access to the reserve is limited to walking/running only
- NO groups will be permitted and picnic sites will remain closed
- Daily entry numbers will be limited
- Forest Trail gates at Bridle Road will remain closed
The above will remain in place UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Kloof Falls picnic site
The Kloof Falls picnic site, situated adjacent to the M33 between Kloof and Waterfall, is open 365 days a year (subject to weather). It is an extremely popular spot for Durbanites and tourists to enjoy a picnic while relaxing on the banks of the Molweni River. There are a number of well marked walks which leave from here and can be enjoyed as self-guided walks. A visitors’ guide and trail map is available from the gate guard.
Braai facilities and picnic tables with benches are available on a first come, first served basis – NO BOOKINGS are taken for picnic spots. Should you prefer to bring your own braai, it should be at least 50cm off the ground to prevent damage to the lawns.
No loud music is permitted in the picnic site.
No fishing in the dam or river.
Toilets are available.
Physical address – opposite 152 Kloof Falls Road, Kloof, Durban
GPS Coordinates – -29.772326, 30.830237
Download pdf with directions HERE